Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Fav Lashes


LASHES.... I can't leave the house without a pair of lashes on. They open up my eyes and help balance my bold brows. I've been wearing lashes since my senior year of college; I started off wearing individual lashes and progressed to strip lashes. For first time lash wearers it definitely takes practice and patience but the results are worth it. When I began wearing lashes I bought the brand Ardell and once I got the hang of them I found a website www.loveyelashes.com where you can by tons of lashes for low prices and went crazy buying every style from Brands Cremeshop, Red Cherry, Miss Adoro, and, Butterfly. Unfortunately I haven't worn many of those lashes because either they were to dramatic or not complimentary to my eye shape. Since then I have found my staple favorites that I continue to repurchase and can't get enough off. My favorite brands lately are Ardell, MAC and House of Lashes, these can range from $3.99 to $14.00. 

For any lashes you buy make sure you tailor them to your eye length by holding them up to your eye and cutting off any excess (preferably on the outer corner). Then take a lash adhesive (I use Duo Lash glue, but Revlon makes one as well as House of Lashes) and apply a thin layer on the band of strip lashes, let dry for 15 to 30 seconds until the glue gets tacky and use tweezers to place in the center of your lash line, let it sit there for a few more seconds then place down the inner and outer corners and let it finish drying.

Lashes can be worn 5-15 times depending on the quality. To get the glue off my lashes, I gently pull of the glue from the lash band with my fingers or tweezers and to get mascara off, I use a little alcohol on a cotton swab and rub over the lashes until they clean and back to new.


Ardell 102 Demi
*For minimal makeup days



MAC 35 Lashes


House of Lashes - Iconic
*For dramatic looks


House of Lashes- Pixie Luxe


House of Lashes- Siren
*For everyday





No comments:

Post a Comment