Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Favorite Concealers


These are my favorite concealers for the under eye area.

I don't have a top favorite, I love them all equally. Now as a disclaimer I have very creasy under eyes, so for me I go on texture and blendability because no matter what all concealers crease on me.

As a rule of thumb, I pick a concealer that is 3 shades lighter than my skin. Cooler tones brighten and warmer tones neutralize. All of these concealers have a great color range.

I apply my concealers with the Sigma F86 Tapered Kabuki, Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge or my Beauty Blender.

The first and most popular concealer is MAC Pro Longwear concealer, it is a fluid with full coverage and a matte finish that lasts all day. It does not crease or separate when set with powder. It covers beautifully and blends well using your fingers, a sponge or brush. This comes in a pump form that can be a bit unrully and pump out too much product at times.

Next is L.A. Girl Pro Concealer, this has a creamy, light weight formula that is full coverage, long wearing and very blendable (but act fast because it can set quickly). This is crease- resistant when set with a powder as well. This has a squeeze tube with a brush applicator.

My newest favorite is NARS Radiant Creamy concealer. This is a creamy formula that is buildable light medium to full coverage. It is hydrating with a luminous finish that is long lasting and crease- proof. This product has a doe foot applicator.

For all of my concealers I set them with either MAC Pro Shaping powders or Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit powders. Both powders are finely milled with a slightly creamy texture that can be applied with a brush or sponge. I love to use the Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighter brush or the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge to apply these. I normally mix two colors (Yellow tone and Beige Peachy tone) with both of these formulas to create a neutral tone.






MAC PRO LONGWEAR CONCEALER IN NC30



L.A. GIRL PRO CONCEALER IN PURE BEIGE



NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER IN GINGER

ABH CONTOUR KIT- BANANA AND VANILLA POWDERS



MAC PRO SHAPING POWDERS IN LIGHTSWEEP AND SOFT FOCUS

No comments:

Post a Comment